Friday, December 23, 2011

Labrador Retriever Commissioned oil painting by Vonnie Kohn

"Bear"
16 x 20"
oil on canvas
Sold

Labrador retrievers are among the most favored dogs of the canine world. They are gentle giants, faithful companions, excellent hunting dogs. This is the last of my Christmas commissions. It is also one of my all-time favorites. I met "Bear" a few days ago to finalize her portrait. What an endearing canine! she was thoroughly in sync with the commands of her owner's father. (I'm not sure who is more attached-the owner or his dad) No two animals-even of the same species-are alike. Each has his own character traits, expression in the eyes, his posture...and his owner is able to recognize them at a glance. I challenged myself to capture Bear's soul on canvas. It is my hope that Bear's family will enjoy this beautiful experience as well. Merry Christmas, "Bear."

I will be accepting new commissions after January 1st. Please contact me at:


Thank you for looking!

1 comment:

lab said...

Heyyy Vonnie Kohn
It's really nice painting of Black labrador I'm happy to see your painting ....
Labrador retrievers