Thursday, December 1, 2011

"Eye Candy Series"-#4, Peppermints" by Vonnie Kohn, Christmas candy, small works


"Eye Candy # 4-Peppermints"

4 x 4" Oil

Gallery Wrapped (no frame needed)

$ 50

Peppermint candy, in the form of a candy cane or round mints, has many functions. It has a history of aiding in the aftermath of eating or to "enhance" or "sweeten" one's breath. There is, however, another important role in the seasons...it is a sign of Christmas approaching. Going to the store for candy was not a routine event in my childhood. Imagine how excited we were when we arrived at our grandmother's house to discover a candy dish filled with these delicious treats at holiday time. Now it is my turn to carry on family traditions. I  set out peppermints in a festive candy dish to treat my art students as they leave class (with their parents' permission, of course). The best part of today's post is that there are no hidden calories in pleasant memories....enjoy the moment.

I accept PayPal and checks. If interested, please contact me at:              
 

Thank you for looking!

No comments: